Are you tired of wondering if someone has taken a screenshot of your Snapchat story? One feature of Snapchat is the ability to share a “story,” a collection of photos and videos that the user’s friends can view for 24 hours.
Users get a notification if the message recipient takes a screenshot of the message or picture sent. However, unlike messages, users do not get notifications when their friends screenshot their stories.
Do you want to know how to see who screenshotted your Snapchat story? Look no further!
Our experts have tested several methods and explained the easiest and most effective way to determine who has screenshotted your Snapchat story. Therefore, this article will walk you through finding out who has taken a screenshot of your Snapchat story.
Can You See If Someone Screenshots Your Snapchat Story?
You can see if someone has taken a screenshot of your Snapchat story. Although Snapchat does not directly send you a notification whenever someone takes a screenshot of your story, we have explored manual ways through which you can know when someone screenshots your Snapchat Story.
However, it is important to note that you can only see the names of people who have taken a screenshot of your story in the past 24 hours. Snapchat stories disappear immediately after 24 hours unless the story owner deletes it before then. Therefore, if someone has screenshotted your story and you want to know about it, you need to check the “Story Details” page within 24 hours of them taking the screenshot. After that, the screenshot will no longer be visible to you. Also find out if WhatsApp notifies you when you take a screenshot!
How to tell if someone screenshots your Snapchat story?
Screenshotting a Snapchat story makes it last longer than the person who posted the story intended. Snapchat lets you know when someone views your story; however, if they take a screenshot of the story, they will be able to revisit it without your knowledge even after you delete it or when it disappears normally. The following is a step-by-step guide that teaches you how to check if someone screenshots your Snapchat Story:
- Open the Snapchat app and click on the profile icon in your screen’s top left corner.
- On the profile page, scroll to the section “My Stories.” This section shows all the Snaps (both public and private stories) you posted within 24 hours. You can also post new stories or update your story settings through this section.
- Find the story you want to check for screenshots and tap on it to expand. All your Snapchat stories will show a number and an eye icon next to them. This signifies the number of people who have viewed the story. If there is another small triangle icon with a number in front of it, it signifies the number of people who have screnshotted your story. However, you can only know the exact person who screenshots your story once you open the story.
- After expanding the stories screen you intend to check for screenshots, you will see the viewers count again, located at the bottom left corner of your screen.
- Click on the viewers’ count at the bottom left corner of your screen to reveal the people who have viewed your story and anybody that might have screenshotted your story.
- To know the exact person that has screenshotted your Snapchat story, you have to look for a small triangular icon next to the names of the people who have viewed your story.
If you do not see the small triangular icon next to your viewers’ names, nobody took a screenshot of your story or viewed your Snapchat story anonymously by turning on airplane mode or through spy apps.
Can You See Someone Else’s Snapchat Story Views?
These apps allow you to view someone’s story anonymously and spy on Snapchat history, messages, public and private stories, and every Snapchat activity carried out by your children, spouse, or any other person remotely.
However, it is important to remember that this may be illegal depending on the laws in your jurisdiction and the age of the person whose Snapchat activities you are spying on.
In conclusion, it’s normal that you may be curious to know if anyone has taken a screenshot of your Snapchat story. Since Snapchat is a privacy-focused service, someone taking a screenshot of your story gives them a permanent copy which may lead to a breach of your privacy in the future.
While Snapchat does not send a notification whenever someone screenshots your story, there are a few methods you can use to try to determine if someone has taken a screenshot of your story.
One option is to manually check the details of your posted story on your profile page. If any of your viewers have a small triangular icon after their name, they have taken a screenshot of your story.
Ultimately, the best way to ensure that your Snapchat stories aren’t being screenshotted is to set your stories to private or block the ability of people you do not want to view your story.